Cassini Map - Past and Present series - 4 maps from 4 periods
See more details on the Cassini website
Four maps in one – a unique way to discover the landscapes of the past
Each Past & Present map is centred on a city or town and covers an area of 15km x 15km using four Ordnance Survey mapping series to cover four different periods: the mid 19th century, the late 19th century, the1920s and the present-day. All four maps cover exactly the same area. To achieve this, the three historical maps have been enlarged from their original inch-to-the-mile to match the 1:50,000 scale of the present-day one. The addition of the familiar National Grid on all four maps enables easy comparison across the four time periods. Historical notes, details of the original maps used and web-links for local history societies and other sources of information are also provided. All in all, comparing the past with the present has never been easier!
Easy comparison of past and present. 4 periods, 4 maps, 1 scale.Ordnance survey One-Inch maps from the Old series, New Revised Series and Popular Edition enlarged, re-projected and shown alongside present day 1:50,000 mapping.
• All maps match present-day 1:50,000 mapping
• Digitally enhanced cartography
• British National Grid for ease of reference
• Locator map featuring modern-day settlements
• Sheet indicators showing original map used
• Robust laminated colour cover
• Brief history and overview of each of the four mapping series used
• Web links to sites of local historical interest
Solihull - Cassini Past and Present Map - 4 maps from 4 periods
- Brand: Cassini Maps
- Product Code:CAS-SOL