Staffs Sheet 67.16a Dudley 1882 - published 2012; intro by Angus Dunphy
We have published two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area developed across the years: it covers the central area of Dudley, and coverage then extends eastward to Kate's Hill, Cawney Hill and Oakham. The map covers parts of both Staffordshire and Worcestershire and doubles as Worcs sheet 1.16.
Features on this busy map include Dudley town centre in detail, with individual buildings neatly delineated, including Town Hall, Market Place, High Street area, St Thomas church, St Edmund's church, Waddam's Pool Works, St Mary & St Thomas RC Chapel, Netherton station, Paradise. Features elsewhere include Tansleyhill Colliery, Dixon's Green, Prince of Wales Pit (disused), Cawneyhill House, St John's church, Roseland Farm, Oakham Lodge, Burnt Tree Colliery (disused), industrial tramway and incline, Oakham Colliery (disused), line of Netherton Tunnel, Tansley Hill, old coal shafts etc.
The 1882 version is fully coloured, taken from the OS 1st Edition handcoloured map.
Dudley 1882 - Coloured - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brand: Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: St67.16A
- Availability: 1