Staffordshire Sheet 12.09 Burslem 1898 - published 1994; introduction by Alan Godfrey
This detailed map covers most of Burslem, one of the Potteries 'Six Towns', together with the smaller settlements of Cobridge and Sneyd Green. Coverage stretches from Newport Lane eastward to Burslem Cemetery, and from Moor Lane southward to Port Vale football ground.
The many features include NSR Potteries Loop Line with Cobridge and Burslem stations, stretch of Trent & Mersey Canal, Burslem Canal, St Paul's church, Newport Pottery, Mersey Pottery, numerous earthenware manufactories, Hill Works, Town Hall, Butchers' Market, St John's church, NSR Grange Branch, Grange Colliery, Grange Farm, Sneyd Colliery & Brick Works, Adelaide Pottery, Port Vale Football Ground, Haywood Home hospital, old coal shafts, Burslem Cemetery, old ironstone shafts, Sneyd Green, tramways, etc. On the reverse we include a list of private residents from a 1900 directory.
Burslem 1898 - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brands Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: St12.09b
- Availability: 1