Warwicks Sheet 14.09a Birmingham (South) 1888 - published 2012; intro by Malcolm Nixon.
We have published 2 versions of this detailed and busy map, showing how the area changed across the years. Each covers the southern part of Birmingham, including much of Balsall Heath, the western part of Sparkbrook and the eastern part of Edgbaston. Coverage stretches from Gough Road eastward to Sampson Road and from Wrentham Street southward to Edward Road. It is primarily an area of crowded streets of housing (mostly terraces or back-to-backs) with many small workshops. Other features include Calthorpe Park, Bristol Road with larger houses, tramways and depot, Midland Railway with Camp Hill station, Camp Hill Goods station, Holy Trinity church, Grammar School, Highgate Park, St Luke's church, Belgrave Works, Church of St Mary & St Ambrose, River Rea, St Alban's church, etc.
Each map includes a selection of extracts from a 1913 street directory.
Birmingham (South) 1888 - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brand: Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: Wk14.09A
- Availability: 6