Here are the details of maps for Birmingham (East):
Warwicks 14.06a Birmingham (East) 1888 - published 2012; intro by Mike Jee. ISBN.978-1-84784-589-4 This map
Warwicks 14.06b Birmingham (East) 1901 - published 2001; intro by Richard Abbott. ISBN.978-1-84151-288-4
Warwicks 14.06c Birmingham (East) 1913 - published 2020; intro by Barrie Trinder. ISBN.978-1-78721-378-4
We have published three versions of this detailed map, showing how the area changed across the years. They cover the eastern side of Birmingham, with coverage stretching from St Andrew's Road eastward to Blakeland Street, and from St Saviour's Road southward to Grange Road.
Features include the Bordesley Green area, Little Bromwich, Adderley Park, St Andrew's church, LNWR railway with Adderley Park station, Gloucester Junction, St Andrew's Junction, Britannia Works, Midland Works (carriage and wagon works), Saltley Training College, Wolseley car works, Union Paper Mill, Little Green Lane area, Saltley Reformatory etc. On the reverse we include extracts from early directories.
The 1888 version is fully coloured, taken from the OS 1st Edition hand coloured map.
The map links up with sheets 14.02 Saltley to the north, 14.05 Central Birmingham to the west, 14.07 Stechford 1902 to the east, 14.10 Small Heath to the south.
Birmingham East 1888 coloured - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brand: Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: Wk14.06A
- Availability: 3