Warwickshire Sheet 14.15 Acock's Green 1902-11 - published 1996; introduction by John Boynton
This detailed map covers the village of Acock's Green, east of Birmingham, at the time when it was growing into a substantial suburb. Our map is taken from the interesting 'Inland Revenue Special Edition', a survey of 1902 but with partial revision to 1911. Coverage stretches from Knight's Road eastward to Lyndon Farm and the county boundary, and from the cemetery southward to Botteville Road. Although we have given the map its Warwickshire sheet number, it also serves as Worcestershire sheet 6.15.
Features include GWR railway with Acock's Green station, part of Tyseley, Stockfield, Cottsbrook House, Warwick & Birmingham Canal, nursery, allotments, St Mary's church, Pioneer Cabinet Works, Tyseley Farm, Stockfield Hall, cycle accessory works, Redstone Farm. The route of the new GWR line towards Stratford is shown but not the track. On the reverse we include street directory entries for Alexander Road, Arden Road, Augusta Road, The Avenue, Bottville Road, Broad Road, Flint Green Road, Florence Road, Oxford Road, Sherbourne Road, Warwick Road, Yardley Road.
Acocks Green 1902-11 - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - The Godfrey Edition
- Brand: Alan Godfrey Maps
- Product Code: Wk14.15
- Availability: 1